The history of the practice; who we are, what we do and the way in which we want to do it
The fine print.
Availability, after-hour arrangements, the policy on social media use and the thinking behind our current billing policy
The practice Facebook page is the platform used for day-to-day notifications and sharing of links related to the health of children.
Newsroom and new service delivery ideas
1. Latest practice billing policy with adjusted 2019 rates rolled out.
2. The Kleinding Kliniek, a breastfeeding support and baby and child immunization clinic, is established and will be run by Sr Anelle Greyling, formerly from the Panorama Breastfeeding Clinic. See more information below.
1. New practice billing policy rolled out. No payment on the day of the consultation, unless :
- Your funds are depleted (medical aid patients)
- You do not belong to a medical aid (private patients)
2. You can now request an appointment via Whatsapp during office hours by sending a Whatsapp to 071 622 1491.
1. Contract signed with Polmed.
The practice is now contracted with the following major medical schemes :
Discovery Health (includes the Discovery Health-administered medical schemes like LA Health Medical Scheme, Remedi Medical Aid Scheme and Retail Medical Scheme)
Thus no co-payments for patients belonging to these medical schemes.
1. You can now use your Edgars card for payments in the practice.
1. We have moved! The practice has relocated to : 34 Russell Street, Worcester.
2. An automated response service has been launched to make it easier for you as parent to know which paediatrician is on duty. The auto-responder responds to Whatsapp messages, SMS and phone calls received after-hours on Dr Stander's cellphone (0792943199). Phone calls are also diverted to the paediatrician on-call if Dr Stander is not on-call.
Saturday, February 1 :
Saturday, February 8 :
Saturday, February 15 :
Friday-Sunday, February 21-23 :
Dr Stander on call @ Mediclinic Worcester
Support for moms to breastfeed successfully
Breastfeeding advice and support is offered to new moms by Sr Anelle Greyling, a certified lactation consultant with years of experience at the Panorama Breastfeeding Clinic.
Baby and child immunizations
Public and private sector immunizations from age 6 weeks up to 12 years are available in our in-house immunization clinic, certified and approved by the Department of Health.
Sr Anelle Greyling 083 564 6722
Read more on the Kleinding Kliniek page.
May 27, 2019
A few cases of meningococcal meningitis admitted in the past 2 weeks. This serious type of meningitis is preventable by vaccination : the Menactra vaccine is available at the practice.
March 29, 2019
2019 Influenza vaccine available at the practice. Read more by clicking here.
March 26, 2019
Multiple cases of enterovirus meningitis admitted. Look out for headache, fever and vomiting.