1. Make family mealtime a priority. Have a routine meal together as a family at least once a day - dinner is most practical.
2. Avoid distractions during mealtime. No TV.
3. Maintain a calm and pleasant attitude during mealtime.
4. Encourage the appetite during the day : have shorter and more frequent meals : limit meal duration to 20-30 minutes and have 4-6 meals or snacks per day with water in-between meals. No milk/juice/sweetened beverages between meals - use these rather as a reward after meals.
5. Systematically introduce new foods and don't give up easily - try new foodstuffs up to 8-15 times before giving up.
6. Give age-appropriate foods.
7. Encourage self-feeding.
8. Accept age-appropriate mess.